Product Update: Go Live Again in Socio Streaming, Studio Name Changes, and Checkout Form Hyperlinks
Go Live again
Aaaand we're back. That's right. With this new update, you can click Go Live in the Socio Streaming studio, run your awesome session, click End Stream, and then Go Live again later!
Previously, you could only click Go Live once per studio. That meant that if you had two different sessions separated by an hour or more, your only options were to have two separate streams or leave the stream running with a "we'll be back" message.
Here are a few important things to consider with this update:
- There's no limit to the number of times a studio can Go Live again! 🎉
- Only Live Stream features and Agenda sessions created on or after September 9, 2021 have the ability to Go Live again. If you want the option to Go Live multiple times, then you can delete your old Live Stream feature or Agenda session, then add a new one. 👍
- Refer to our guidelines on choosing between a single Live Stream feature and Agenda sessions for best practices on streaming multiple sessions.
Recordings for each Live Stream will be available after each time you click End Stream. However, if you click Go Live again, the Download recordings button will disappear until you click End Stream again.
- Each individual recording is available for 30 days. That means that videos will "fall off" one at a time as the 30 day mark is reached. Make sure you download right away!
- This update also makes testing your stream a whole lot simpler.
Studio name change
With this release, we've also ensured that your Socio Streaming Studio always reflects the right name so guest speakers don't get confused. Previously, if you changed the name of the associated Live Stream feature or Agenda session, the studio would retain the old name. That's all fixed now. 👍
⭐ Keep in mind, if you have the studio open when you change the name, you must close the studio, and then click Launch Studio again for the name change to be reflected.
We're excited to keep working with Restream to make your Socio Streaming experience more robust!
Clickable checkout form hyperlinks
Small, but mighty, this update lets you add clickable hyperlinks to your Socio Registration checkout form Questions. Anytime you add a new Question to a checkout form, you can add a Label Title and Description. If you put a URL into either of these fields, attendees can now click on the link and it will open in a new tab! This is great for supplemental agreements, venue information, or anything else you can think of.
The Socio Platform will automatically detect and format any text beginning with the following as a URL:
That's all for today, folks. Keep the feedback coming, and we'll keep improving! 🎁