Product Update: Collaborate with Speakers, Sponsors, and Exhibitors, Privacy and Consent page, and Community Retirement
Event App 35.0
Trick or treat! 🎃 🍬 🍂
Today, we have one big treat, one small treat, and a farewell. Watch the video below or keep reading to learn all about it!
Ok, big treat first — like, full-size-candy-bar big. We're thrilled to announce a very highly requested feature: Collaboration for speaker, sponsor, and exhibitor Event App profiles!
Gone are the days of endless back and forth emails with speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors. With Collaboration Forms, simply fill in some basic information for each profile, then invite collaborators to independently manage their profiles in the Event App. It's a game-changer!
Setting up collaboration forms is spooky easy! 🎃
- First, add a speaker, sponsor, or exhibitor profile, filling in basic information and fields collaborators can't control, such as location, category, and booth size.
- Next, scroll down to the 'Collaboration' section and select the options you want your collaborators to edit or add information to, such as their name, profile icon, description, attachments, and more. You can even allow them to add custom button text and links for attendee calls to action.
- Once you've configured the form options, simply enter the collaborator's email address and craft a personalized message. Click Save changes, and an email with a unique link to the collaboration form will be sent to the collaborator. It's that easy!
When a collaborator clicks the collaboration link in their email invitation, they can start editing information right away with no password required. If they need to add information gradually or update something, they can click the link at any time to make edits to previously submitted information.
But that's not all! We've made it super easy for you to manage collaboration. Use the new columns on each feature page to track whether the invitation was sent or whether the collaborator has submitted changes. You also have the option to send reminders, revoke collaboration, or reactivate collaboration as needed.
We're so excited to drop this much-requested feature into your goody bags so you can spend less time doing data entry and more time crafting amazing Event App experiences. Happy collaborating!
For complete details about collaboration forms, read our Set Up and Use Collaboration Forms article.
Privacy and Consent page
With the recent addition of Privacy & Consent type questions in Webex Events Registration, it’s important to give attendees visibility into and control over their responses.
To make those consent questions a little less scary, we've introduced a brand new menu option in the Web App, the Webex Events App, and Branded Apps where attendees can review and modify their responses to consent type questions after they complete their ticket purchase.
In the Web App, attendees click their profile image, then select the new Privacy & Consent option. In the Webex Events Mobile App or Branded Apps, attendees simply tap the new lock icon at the top of the screen.
The Privacy & Consent page opens in the attendee's default browser.
If attendees want to change a response, they simply select their preferred option and click Save. No tricks. 👻
💡 Keep in mind, Privacy and Consent type questions can't currently limit attendee access to any Webex Events features or products. Enforcing limitations based on attendee consent is up to you — for now. 😉
Read our article about Registration Questions to learn more about adding Privacy and Consent type questions.
Like that beloved Halloween costume you've worn for years, a time comes when you have to put something special away for good. Today, we're retiring our Communities product due to low usage and high maintenance cost. We've already been in touch with our customers who have existing communities, and here are the details we shared:
- Any customer with an existing Community will continue to have access to manage their Communities and welcome members. Communities now appear at the top of the My Events page.
- Communities can no longer be created or cloned.
- Branded Apps will still have the Community section if there is a community available.
- Webex Suite customers can still use and create Communities.
If you have any questions about this change, chat with our support team.